October 06, 2008

Blah Blah Copetown Blah

I played at Copetown Woods today. It doesn't matter where I play.

We teed off early. It doesn't matter when I tee off.

It was cold. It doesn't matter what the weather is like.

The first hole is an easy par-5. It doesn't matter if holes are easy.

I took a triple bogey on it. It doesn't matter if I start poorly.

I hit the first three fairways. It doesn't matter if I hit fairways.

I hit two of the first four greens in regulation. It doesn't matter if I hit greens in regulation.

I 3-putted three of the first five holes. It doesn't matter if I 3-putt.

Despite terrible putting through nine holes, I held on for a score of 50 at the turn. It doesn't matter what my score is at the turn.

Some shrubbery in the waste bunker interfered with my backswing on hole #10. It doesn't matter if I have room for a backswing.

I made my second par of the day on hole #12. It doesn't matter if I make pars.

I put two balls in the water on hole #13. It doesn't matter if I go in the water.

I had impossible lies for my second and third shots on hole #16. It doesn't matter what kind of lie I have.

I hit a nice drive on hole #18 after deciding to rip it. It doesn't matter what kind of drives I hit.

Nothing matters. Not lessons. Not practice. Not equipment. Not frequency. Not preparation. Not knowledge. Not skill. Not fitness. Not luck.

Nothing. Nada. Zero. Zilch.

Score: 107
Par: 72
Putts: 43
Fairways: 5
Greens: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment