November 10, 2015

Golfing in The Rain



I booked my last round of the year five days ago, when the forecast was calling for sun, with only a ten percent chance of rain. Ten percent turned into forty, then sixty, then eighty, and finally one hundred. It was a special deal, so I couldn't cancel and get a refund. Since there was nothing I could do about it, I headed out for my scheduled tee time at Indian Wells Golf Club and prepared myself for a relaxing walk in the rain  one which might involve hitting a few golf balls.

There were three cars in the parking lot when I arrived, including mine. I started the round in a light drizzle, which grew into a medium drizzle, then a heavy one. It never let up and eventually became more than a drizzle. The last six holes were a bonafide rainfall, again with no letting up. I didn't bother keeping score, as it would have been meaningless under those conditions. I hit some terrible shots, as one would expect to when you're struggling to keep your grips dry. However, I hit a few nice shots here and there, so I guess the outing was worth it.

It's been a relatively successful season, so I didn't mind finishing this way. Nevertheless, I'm going to miss playing over the next five or six months.

No comments:

Post a Comment