June 14, 2016

An Extra Nine

I played an extra nine holes after my last round at Century Pines. Hole #1 was four strokes better than the first time around, as I managed to score bogey. This was one of three bogeys over nine holes. The key was hitting a good drive to the left fairway. I bunted my second just past the 150 yard stick, then caught the 8-iron a bit fat and was short of the green. A pitch and two putts finished the hole.

I managed three pars over nine holes, including both par-3 holes. Hole #5 was a short one playing about 135 yards, while hole #7 was playing 180 yards. In both cases, my tee shot was flag high, just off the green. Good chip shots set up relatively easy putts to finish. The final par was on hole #8, which was completed in textbook fashion. Driver to the middle of the fairway was followed by sand wedge to the heart of the green. A long lag to the front pin position set up a 3-footer for par.

Lastly, I registered three double-bogeys over the nine holes played. On hole #2, I was unlucky when my drive finished just outside a bunker. With feet in the sand and the ball well above, I pulled one across the fairway, behind a tree. All I could do was punch out to in front of the green. A pitch and two putts ended the hole. I also made double on hole #4, which I had birdied earlier. I hit a poor 5-iron off the tee, as I was experimenting with a weaker grip. The ball barely cleared the forward tees. The last double was on the final hole. I sculled an approach from 150 yards into a hazard in front of the green, leading to a penalty stroke.

Overall, it was a decent score for nine holes.

Score: 45
Putts: 16
Fairways: 3
Greens: 1
Penalties: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment