July 26, 2008

Wasted Time at Angus Glen

Money wasn't the only thing I wasted at Angus Glen on Saturday. I also wasted my time. Then again, if I didn't waste it on the golf course, I'd be wasting it somewhere else, so what the hell.

Posting these results is getting to be embarrassing, so I'll keep it short:

I pulled most tee shots with the driver. Only a couple were pushed right.

I pulled a tee shot with the 3-wood en route to six over par on the tenth hole.

I pulled most approach shots with all irons. Only a couple were pushed right.

I made decent chips, with poor results.

I made decent putts, with poor results.

I made good decisions at times, but there was no reward.

I can no longer hit the 3-wood from the fairway. It used to be my best club.

I can not recover after a bad hole. You don't understand the rage.

Practice does not make perfect. Don't be gullible.

Good things do not come to those who wait.

Good guys do finish last. Always.

There is no justice. Only evil.

There is no Santa Claus. However, there are plenty of thieves, cheaters and liars.

You can't do whatever you set your mind to. However, you can be run over by a bus.

In the end, you will die and nobody will care.

Score: 111
Par: 72
Putts: 38
Fairways: 4
Greens: 2

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:01 am

    It was a tough day for all of us... We all played poorly :(
    But nice guys don't always finish last - I think of myself as a nice guy ;)
    I would go on to dispute the aphorisms, but it won't help. Practice and you will get better. The biggest impediment to improvement is the classic problem of reverting back to your old swing because you had "success" with it, when things are going bad.
    LA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:17 pm

    First of all, I don't understand why typing the "word" A-S-U-L-M-A gives met the ability to post on your blog... anyways, have nothing that Linley and I have said to you over the years stuck?

    There are no quick fixes in golf, some times you're up and sometimes, despite your best laid plans, they're not.

    I'm not saying that you're currently in quick fix mode, but notice that some of the best players in the world avoid certain courses that they have trouble playing. Could you consider that your game may not be a good match for Angus Glen?

    It may be as simple as that.

    I've just fired 90 and 96 in the first two rounds of my club championship... I'm in third last place... do you see me on suicide watch?

    No, in fact, I walked an additional 9 holes with Christine and Spencer after my 96 (I'm not allowed to play the course in between rounds of the tournament as that is considered practicing on the course during a tournament which is against the rules).

    I walked nine holes and didn't hit a shot... and I've got a bigger smile on my face now that during any time during the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Irish

    Anybody can post a comment; word verification is just there to prevent machines from spamming the system.

    There's no reason for me to avoid any course, including Angus Glen. The slope is 131 from the white tees. By comparison, I recently shot 92 from the blue tees at Willow Valley, which has a slope of 132. Last year, I shot a 95 from the white tees at Royal Niagara (Escarpment/Iron Bridge), which has a slope of 135.

    I'm glad you enjoyed walking the course with your family, even though you were third from last in your club championship. You are blessed by seeing the glass often as half full. Congratulations.

    Unfortunately, I am cursed by seeing the glass frequently as half empty. Trust me, I am not a pessimist by choice. If I could manufactire optimism, I would. I just react honestly to whatever I experience and feel.

    ReplyDelete