August 15, 2008

Charity Tournament at Crosswinds

I drove through a short, but fierce, rainstorm to get to a charity tournament at Crosswinds Golf & Country Club. Playing the ever-popular scramble format, my team did not have a great performance, but we did have a great time, which is what really matters. We actually took home the "Most Honest Golfers" award, which as you may know, is traditionally given to the team that finishes in last place. :D

As far as my individual game went, something very peculiar happened. I was driving the ball amazingly well, but struggling with my short irons. I didn't keep track of the fairways hit, but there were many, probably twice as many as I usually hit. It's too bad then, that I duffed a few short iron shots and hooked a few others. It was weird. However, I am not too worried. I think I can fix that fairly easily.

My next round is a Deepwoods event at Oakridge Golf Club. I'm near the top of the leaderboard, so I need a good round to put some pressure on my competitors.

No comments:

Post a Comment