December 07, 2010

I Know I Can

I may have been a little harsh in my last post. I'm referring specifically to my choice of musical accompaniment. Fortunately, my latest round of golf was a lot better than the previous one, so this time I've chosen some music that's a little more positive. Enjoy!



Now, about the golf. I ventured out to Hidden Lake Golf Club on a cold November weekend. With very chilly temperatures, I was not expecting to post a good score at all. I was simply glad to be playing and decided to let the score take care of itself. As it turned out, I posted a final score of 87, equaling my second-best score of the season! An 85 at Osprey Valley Heathlands earlier in the year was the only result better than this one.

I hit nine of thirteen fairways, with six of those coming on the back nine. When I missed a fairway, I was able to recover quite nicely. I simply took what the situation gave me and never tried to do too much. I didn't hit many greens in regulation, but my chipping and putting was better than usual. Consistency was the name of the game, as I avoided 3-putts and penalty strokes entirely. That makes a huge difference!

Score: 87
Putts: 32
Fairways: 9
Greens: 3
Penalties: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment