June 08, 2015

Courses I've Played Most

Way back in 2006, I wrote a blog post listing all of the golf courses I had played in southern Ontario. I thought it would be interesting to do it again, now that I've played quite a few more rounds and visited a greater number of courses. I was surprised to see that some of the courses I played frequently in my early days remain among those that I've played most often, despite the fact that I haven't played there very much in recent years. In addition, some of the courses that seem very familiar to me are ones that I've visited relatively few times. The most obvious observation is that I really spread my golf dollar around. LOL

Here's the list of courses I've played in Ontario, in order of most rounds played. The format is rounds played, followed by name of course. If there is more than one course at a particular club, the number of courses appears in parentheses after the course name. Courses with 27 holes are followed by (1.5)

Edit: I am now using this list to keep a running total. My plan is to update the list after each round played. As a result, you might find that the original commentary does not align with the list as you currently see it. Last Updated: November 11, 2020

20 Granite Ridge (2)
20 Hidden Lake (2)
19 Bradford Highlands
19 Century Pines
19 Osprey Valley (3)

17 Kedron Dells
17 Legends on the Niagara (2)
17 Lowville
16 Copetown Woods
16 Peninsula Lakes (1.5)

15 King's Forest
14 Willow Valley
13 Bloomington Downs
12 Lionhead (2)
12 Saw Whet -- closed

11 Bushwood
11 Calerin (0.5)
11 Glen Eagle (1.5)
11 Hornby Glen
11 Woodington Lake (2)

10 Cardinal (2)
10 Crosswinds
10 Dragon's Fire
10 Mill Run (1.5)
10 Scenic Woods
10 Twenty Valley
10 Westview (1.5)

9 BraeBen
9 Carlisle (1.5)
9 Hockley Valley
9 Indian Wells
9 Piper's Heath
9 Shawneeki

8 Bond Head (2)
7 Banty's Roost (1.5)
7 Hunters Pointe (formerly Lochness Links) -- closed
7 Tangle Creek
7 Whirlpool
7 Willodell

6 Carrying Place
6 Oaks of St. George
6 Paris Grand -- closed
6 Silver Lakes
6 Victoria Park East

5 Angus Glen (2)
5 Burlington Springs
5 Deer Creek (2.5)
5 Doon Valley
5 Grey Silo
5 Lakeview

5 Mystic
5 Oakridge
5 Pheasant Run (1.5)
5 Seaton -- 9 holes closed
5 Tyandaga
5 Watson's Glen

4 Country Club (2)
4 Glen Cedars
4 Hunters Glen -- closed
4 Rebel Creek
4 Rolling Hills (3)
4 Settlers' Ghost
4 Royal Stouffville (formerly Maples of Ballantrae)
4 Wolf Run

3 Flamborough Hills (1.5)
3 Grand Niagara
3 Kleinburg (1.5) -- closed
3 Oliver's Nest
3 Richview -- closed
3 St. Andrew's Valley
3 Turnberry

2 Ballantrae
2 Blue Springs
2 Brookside -- closed
2 Cardinal Lakes (2) (formerly Sparrow Lakes)
2 Coppinwood
2 Devil's Pulpit (2)
2 Emerald Hills (1.5)

2 Guelph Lakes
2 Horseshoe Resort (2) -- 1 course closed
2 Knollwood (2)
2 Lakeridge Links
2 Oakville Executive
2 Redcrest
2 Rockway Vineyards

2 Royal Ashburn
2 Royal Niagara (1.5)
2 Royal Woodbine
2 Sawmill
2 Silver Brooke
2 Sleepy Hollow
2 Wooden Sticks

1 Black Diamond
1 Borden
1 Brampton
1 Bridgewater
1 Caledon
1 Caledon Woods
1 Cambridge

1 Cedar Brae
1 Chedoke (2)
1 Deerfield
1 Eagles Nest
1 Fergus
1 Georgian Bay
1 Glencairn (1.5)

1 Heron Point
1 Humber Valley
1 International of Niagara (1.5)
1 Mad River
1 Mayfield
1 Muskoka Bay
1 Nobleton Lakes

1 North Halton
1 Nottawasaga (2.5)
1 Remington Parkview
1 Riverstone (0.5) -- closed
1 Royal Ontario
1 St. George's
1 Station Creek

1 Tarandowah
1 Thundering Waters
1 Trafalgar
1 Turtle Creek
1 White Oaks (0.5) -- closed
1 Whitevale
1 Wildfire

I didn't think that Bloomington Downs, Kedron Dells and Saw Whet would remain among the most played courses. I was also surprised to see Hockley Valley and King's Forest as high as they are. Some courses have higher numbers because they're more conveniently located, such as Hidden Lake and Lionhead. Then again, there are two championship courses at each of those locations, so they also provide variety. I would like to play some of the lower ranked courses more often, but they are further away or a bit pricier.

Finally, there are some courses missing entirely from the list, which I should really get around to playing!

No comments:

Post a Comment