October 24, 2009

Season Slipping Away

We had surprisingly balmy conditions for my last round, which was played on the Masters Course at Lionhead Golf & Country Club. It's a shame I wasted the good weather with extremely poor play - my worst of the season.

Beginning our round on the back nine, I blew up on the very first hole played. It's tough to stay focused when you know after a single hole that a good score for the round is no longer possible. I tried to concentrate on each shot and it worked for a few holes, but then I blew up on another one and was basically toast from that point forward.

While I was striking the ball terribly, both from the tee and elsewhere, I was actually putting very well. Through twelve holes, I had registered just 21 putts. After pointing that out to my playing partners, I proceeded to 3-putt the next three holes. So much for that silver lining.

I finished the round with my worst score of the season. The ony bright spot was the fact that I scored par on all four of the par-3 holes. Big whoop.

I hope this doesn't end up being the last round of the season, or it will surely leave a sour taste in my mouth all winter.

Score: 122
Par: 72
Putts: 35
Fairways: 3
Greens: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment