May 30, 2006

Coping at Copetown Woods

Consistency is something every golfer strives for. Following my latest round at Copetwon Woods Golf Club, you might say that I've played very consistently over the last couple of weeks. If you meant I was consistently bad, you'd be exactly right.

Located in Copetown, Ontario, Copetown Woods is a links style course featuring few trees, plenty of water and gigantic waste bunkers. On Sunday, it was the scene of the opening round for the 2006 Deepwoods golf tournament. It was also the scene of a horrible performance, courtesy of yours truly.

For the second week in a row, I compiled an embarassing score of 124. To put that into perspective, consider the fact that 124 is the kind of score I routinely compiled when I first took up golf five years ago. I don't know the exact number, but I've probably played more than 125 rounds since then. Apparently, that hasn't been enough to iron out the kinks. I will be visiting the driving range this week in an attempt to fix the problem.

If there is a silver lining to the story, it is the fact that my shoulder remained intact after the visit to Copetown Woods. Though I felt discomfort on certain shots, the shoulder felt much better than it did a week earlier at Hockley Valley. Heat treatments and extensive stretching seem to have helped.

Score: 124
Par: 72
Putts: 39
Fairways: 6
Greens: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment