July 18, 2006

Personal Best at Deer Creek

Success in golf is a bit of a foreign concept to me, so I'm not entirely sure how to react following my latest round at Deer Creek Golf Club, located in Ajax, Ontario. Following most rounds, I usually have to dig deep for positive things to build on. This time, I don't have to look any further than my final score - 90!

That may not sound particularly impressive to a lot of golfers, but for one that has scored less than 100 only eight other times, it represents a massive accomplishment. The result is even more impressive when you consider that my previous best was a score of 95, set just three weeks earlier. To improve my personal best by five strokes over such a short period of time is infinitely rewarding.

Playing the Sapphire nine at Deer Creek, things got off to a good start. After opening up with three consecutive bogeys, followed by two pars, I could sense that the round might be special. I faltered somewhat on holes five through nine, but regained my composure and played inspired golf throughout the Emerald nine.

Driver, irons, chipping and putting were all working reasonably well. There were a few mistakes, but nothing terribly costly. If I could bottle up the ingredients that produced this result, I would save them for future rounds. Let's hope this is the first of many similar rounds to come.

WOOHOO!

Score: 90
Par: 71
Putts: 34
Fairways: 7
Greens: 5

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:35 pm

    WOOHOO backatcha Bro! Kudos.

    ReplyDelete