July 06, 2009

Could Have Gone Lower at Angus Glen

I played my latest GTA Amateur Tour event on the South Course at Angus Glen Golf Club - home of the 2002 Canadian Open. I got off to a good start. If not for a couple of near misses with the putter and a mis-hit into the green on hole #9, I could have made the turn about three strokes better than 45.

Hole #13 killed me. I amassed three penalty strokes on that hole alone, leading to a score of 9. I only had one other penalty stroke for the entire round. Nevertheless, I made three pars on the back nine, just as I did on the front. I finished with a score of 94, which is pretty good.

I figure a sub-90 round was within reach, but a couple of missed putts, a couple of mis-hit approaches from close in, and a couple of penalties did me in.

Score: 94
Par: 72
Putts: 35
Fairways: 5
Greens: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment