July 01, 2019

We The Bond Head North

I already played the South course at Bond Head this year, so this time I played the North course, which is more difficult. Early on, it was looking promising. I hit driver, gap wedge to find the first green, just below the hole. Par was the result. I missed my second shot on hole 2, but almost got up and down for par. An excellent putt barely lipped out, resulting in bogey.

That was the end of the good times. I struggled with my short game on hole 3, a par-3. I failed to get the ball airborne with my drive on hole 4, a par-5. I pulled my drive in the direction of an opposite fairway on hole 5, a par-4. Bond Head North is not the place to be making mistakes like that. Balls in the fescue and weeds are simply unplayable. I made triple-bogey on all three of those holes.

Not everything was bad. Beginning with my third from the tee on hole 6, I holed out with four shots. That's essentially par, but a wasted drive into the weeds converted it into a double-bogey. I made a legit par on hole 7, a 149-yard par-3 from an elevated tee. I made a solid bogey on hole 9 to make the turn with a score of 52.

The back nine was quite similar, as reflected in my score of 51. I found myself in the weeds again on hole 11, a long par-3. Short game struggles re-emerged on hole 13, a medium length par-4. Those were the worst of the back nine, resulting in a couple of triple-bogeys. There were double-bogeys as well, namely after poor pitching and putting negated decent tee shots on numbers 14 and 16, a couple of par-3 holes.

Having said that, I wasn't displeased with everything about the round. There are some intimidating shots on the North course that I handled perfectly well. It also helped that it was a beautiful day to be outside in that setting. I wasn't sharp this time, but there's always the next opportunity.

Score: 103
Putts: 39
Fairways: 6
Greens: 3
Penalties: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment