June 29, 2019

Bloody Shawneeki

I'm not one to hit balls before a round, but I always arrive early to at least hit a few practice putts. I arrived 25 minutes before my tee time at Shawneeki, but they rushed me out to join another single who had been waiting. I went on to 3-putt the first two holes, as the greens were a lot faster than those I had played recently. After that I adjusted just fine, but two strokes is two strokes, and they cost me.

I was also rushed on the first hole, by balls flying past my head from the nearby range, as I tried to take my second shot. Of course, I duffed a couple. The range balls and the putting fiasco conspired to produce a triple-bogey, quadruple-bogey start. It would be hard to score well with a start like that, but I tried my best. I was 8 over par for the last seven holes of the front nine. I made par on hole 4, thanks to a 3-iron, gap wedge combination, but I also made double-bogeys on holes 6 and 7. The remaining holes were typical bogeys.

I was shooting 51 at the turn, so I needed to avoid any additional blowup holes to salvage a respectable score. Unfortunately, I sliced my drive on hole 10. After a punch out from the trees, my approach found a front bunker. My sand shot released off the other side of the green, en route to a triple-bogey. That was pretty much the end of my round. I made a couple nice pars on holes 12 and 14, both of which are par-3 holes, but I struggled with the driver, leading to more double and triple-bogeys.

This was a horrible round I would rather forget. Bring on the next.

Score: 105
Putts: 36
Fairways: 4
Greens: 3
Penalties: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment