June 20, 2019

Onward at Twenty Valley

A pretty decent result for my second round of the year, as I headed out to Twenty Valley. Still rusty after the off-season, but a two stroke improvement over my previous score means I'm headed in the right direction. Once again the first third of the round was rough, as I went 11 over par. No triple-bogeys this time, but I did start with five consecutive doubles. Some bad shots were mixed in with good ones and the short game was suspect. Luckily, I improved to 6-over par for the middle six holes, and 6-over for the final six.

There were no triples for the entire round, but that means there were also only two pars. The first was on hole 10, a par-5. Driver found the right fairway, followed by a good 5-wood that just snuck into the right rough. A wedge got me on the green, followed by two putts. The second par was on hole 16, a par-3. A 7-iron found the heart of the green, followed by a lengthy lag and easy finisher. Best result of the day was a birdie on hole 13. This is a really tough par-3, with a creek and massive hill fronting the green. It's very easy to come up short. I judged the distance perfectly, leaving about 10 feet for the resulting birdie.

Score: 95
Putts: 34
Fairways: 5
Greens: 3
Penalties: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment