June 25, 2019

Ho Hum at Bond Head

It wasn't a good start on the South Course at Bond Head, as I lost a ball on my very first shot. I was forced to take a penalty stroke. Luckily, it was my only penalty of the day. I made double-bogey on the first two holes, before settling in somewhat. A couple more doubles followed on the front nine, but these were offset by a couple of pars. Hole 6, a short par-4 from an elevated tee, provided the first par, while the second came on hole 9, a nice par-5. I was shooting 48 at the turn and feeling pretty good.

The back nine was generally better, but included a disastrous quadruple-bogey on hole 10. I duffed my drive attempt and then burned three more shots trying to get out of the long fescue near the teeing ground. Each time, my lie looked pretty reasonable, but I couldn't get out even with a wedge. After that nonsense, I was 8-over for the remaining eight holes. I made bogey on all of them, except for a par on hole 12 and a double-bogey on hole 16. None of my shots were particularly sharp, but I managed to get around with decent game management.

Score: 96
Putts: 34
Fairways: 7
Greens: 2
Penalties: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment