June 16, 2010

Comfortable on Old Course at Hidden Lake

I'm writing this well after the round was played, so forgive me if my memory is a little sketchy. My recent visits to Hidden Lake have been to the New Course, so I was glad to challenge the Old Course once again.

The front nine featured a lot of double-bogeys - six of them, to be exact. I was playing inconsistently, alternating between good shots and bad ones. On hole #1 for instance, I hit an excellent drive, straight and long. On hole #3 however, I pull-sliced one. On hole #2, a par-3, I had trouble getting up and down. On hole #4 however, which is also a par-3, I got up and down beautifully to save par.

Though I was inconsistent, I was happy that I avoided any blow-up holes - those where the result is triple-bogey or worse. My score at the turn was 49, which meant I had some work to do to salvage a good score.

On the back nine, I played very well. The driver was working fairly, as were the irons. If I have one complaint, it was the fact that I missed some greens from the middle of the fairway and inside 150 yards. You have to hit those if you want to reach the next level. My putting was not spectacular, but I got the job done.

A couple of pars on the last two holes gave me a 43 for the back nine, and 92 overall. That's a decent result - one I can build on next time out.

Score: 92
Putts: 37
Fairways: 3
Greens: 3
Penalties: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment