June 16, 2010

First Visit to Bond Head

On my first ever visit to Bond Head, I was eager to tackle the South Course. Considering I had never played the course before, I was relatively happy to register three bogeys and three double-bogeys through the first six holes. I was making some mistakes, but I was hanging in there.

Once again, I managed to score a birdie on hole #7, a par-5. My drive was left of the fairway, but I followed up with a good 5-wood to a position right of the fairway, about 175 yards from the flag. The next shot, using a 5-iron, was pure magic. It came off exactly as I envisioned, landing on the green and funneling toward the hole. This was followed by a lengthy downhill putt for bird. Sweet!

On the back nine, my driver and fairway woods became very erratic once again, leading to a couple of bad holes. To be honest, my putting was also quite bad. OK, it was terrible. On the positive side, my irons were working well. I am struggling to find the right swing path with the longer clubs right now. Need to fix that!

Score: 97
Putts: 44
Fairways: 2
Greens: 5
Penalties: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment