June 16, 2010

Great Start at Piper's Heath

It was Easter Sunday and the golf season started out well with a birdie on the first hole at Piper's Heath. I drove the ball to the centre of the fairway, hit an 8-iron to the front of the green, then drained a long putt. Good vibes.

I pulled my drive on the second hole and topped my tee shot on the fourth, which was pretty typical for the day. Poor scores resulted on both of those holes. Though I scored better on the remaining holes, my driver and especially my fairway woods were very inconsistent.

I was 13 over par for the last 14 holes, including 5 pars. My irons were decent and my play around the greens was actually quite good. I chipped a number of shots smartly into the mounds surrounding the greens. Overall, my putting was pretty solid.

Score: 92
Putts: 35
Fairways: 5
Greens: 4
Penalties: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment