June 16, 2010

Crossed Up at Crosswinds

I've had some great rounds at Crosswinds and I've had some stinkers. This was one of the latter. A lost ball on my very first shot was a bad way to start. After hitting my third from the tee, I effectively made par on the hole, but that equates to a double bogey.

Holes #2 through #4 set the tone for the rest of the day. I could not hit a shot to save my life! It didn't matter what club I was hitting either. I hooked shots with the driver, duffed others with fairway woods, and zeroed in on bunkers and trees with my irons. It was the kind of round you just want to forget.

In the greenside bunker on hole #10, I accidentally picked another ball clean, sending it somewhere into the woods behind the green. That was my cue to abandon any hope of salvaging a decent finish. I soldiered on, but it was not a fun day.

Score: 114
Putts: 37
Fairways: 3
Greens: 3
Penalties: 9

No comments:

Post a Comment