June 16, 2010

Some Tough Moments at Saw-Whet

There were no birdies at Saw-Whet a week later; the best I could muster was a couple of pars on holes #10 and #12. Driver play was still very erratic, with many shots off the heel of the club. At times, I set up a couple inches away from the ball and it seemed to help.

Hole #9 inflated my score as I took eleven strokes to complete this par-5. In the greenside bunker after four, I proceeded to pick the ball clean and launch it out of bounds into the driving range. After a penalty stroke and a drop, of course my next attempt was hit fat. It was a giant comedy of errors.

I settled down and went 11 over par for the back nine. On hole #12, a par-3 playing 175 yards, I nearly made a hole-in-one. My tee shot rode the wind and dropped a foot in front of the pin, coming to rest about six feet left of the cup.

Score: 104
Putts: 39
Fairways: 4
Greens: 1
Penalties: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment